October 28, 2008

Pet clothes, books and more



This is our puppy Peanut. She's almost 5 months old. I wouldn't have considered myself someone who enjoys clothing a pet, but it was pathetic to see her shiver in the mornings and evenings outside. So, I decided to make her a coat. The pattern was super easy and came with a pattern for a hoodie and dog bed. I bought it and the fabric from the clearance bin at walmart. Peanut actually seems to like wearing her little reversible wool coat. I even accessorized it with a collar and belt.....(I know, I thought it was crazy too)



I recently started reading This Momentary Marriage by John Piper. So far it has been an excellent, easy read. I highly recommend it to anyone, whether single or married. This and many other books can be downloaded for free here. The main point of what I've read so far is that marriage is the doing of God for the display of God. Here's an excerpt from chapter 1:

Marriage is not mainly about being or staying in love. It’s mainly about telling the truth with our lives. It’s about portraying something true about Jesus Christ and the way he relates to his people. It is about showing in real life the glory of the gospel. Jesus died for sinners. He forged a covenant in the white-hot heat of his suffering in our place. He made an imperfect bride his own with the price of his blood and covered her with the garments of his own righteousness. He said, “I am with you . . . to the end of the age. . . . I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Matt. 28:20; Heb. 13:5). Marriage is meant by God to put that gospel reality on display in the world. That is why we are married. That is why all married people are married, even when they don’t know and embrace this gospel.
In other happenings, Brad and I are going to a banquet tonight for the local pregnancy center that I volunteer at. It should be fun to get to know the other volunteers better since I'm pretty new at this center. Also, we are leaving Thursday for a camping trip in Georgia. Look for pics soon. We're trying out our new jeep tent.

Two weekends ago we went to the mountains with some friends. The colors were gorgeous. Here's Brad and I at one of the lookouts on the Blueridge Parkway. Also, here's the jeep that Brad would like for Christmas...j/k. Maybe one day though.


No comments: