April 10, 2009

A little home improvement

For the past few months I have been wanting to make some changes around the house. I've been collecting some images of things I like and formulating a plan. Most of the changes are larger projects that I really need Brad to help with, so we have to wait until this summer. However, I've been really restless and wanting to get started, so I did some minor things that I could do by myslef. The first project was to re-upholster a chair. We got this unique chair at goodwill about a year and a half ago. This is the second time I've re-upholstered it.

Here's the chair before


And here's the chair after

Right now, it kind of looks out of place, but once we do everything else it will fit right in. I fell in love with this fabric, but I'm still a little unsure about it. I'm not much of a print kind of person. But the fabric is a faux suade and the floral has some sheen to it. It feels so luxurious. I was looking for a modern take on a retro pattern, something graphic and bold. I think this is it.

Well, I'm off to do more little improvements around the house. You'll see more later!


No comments: