May 10, 2010

A student all over again


The past three weeks have been a big learning experience.  And it's taken a while to catch up to the learning curve.  But, we are getting the hang of this parenting thing.  Just in time for things to change, I'm sure. 

It's been so much fun to learn about Zac.  To read his cues and be able to respond accordingly is empowering because I know that I am able to meet whatever need he has.  It's crazy how Brad and I can even discern what his different cries mean.  It's the start of a beautiful relationship.


From day one, Brad has been convinced that Zac is "very advanced" for his young age of three weeks.  What parent doesn't think their child is smarter than any other?  Here are some things that the developmental books say babies aren't supposed to do until two months that Zac is already doing:
-making eye contact
-focusing on the mobile of his swing (he just started this the other day mom!)
-laughing and cooing.  Not too often, but he does when he's active-alert
-smiling in response to someone talking to him.  Not just sleep grins, although he does this often.
-copying facial expressions. 

No comments: