I read this quote on a blog a few weeks ago and have been thinking about it a lot. How true it is. And, how much I need the reminder. There was one day in particular last week that was just one of those days.
One of those days where Zac was more fussy than most.
One of those days where he wouldn’t sleep longer than 15 minutes at a time.
One of those days where my to-do list, which is usually conquered by mornings end, was not touched until late afternoon.
I was frustrated all that morning that Zac wouldn’t be put down. Frustrated because I had my mind on my to-do list. I felt out of control and anxious…all because my expectations were not being met.
I expected my day to go a certain way…the way it always goes.
I expected Zac to be a certain way…the way he always is.
But, it didn’t and he wasn’t. Then, I remembered this quote. “Babies don’t keep”. Simple as that. I realized that, for whatever reason, Zac needed me more than my to-do list. As a matter of fact, my to-do list doesn’t need me at all. It will always be there. Zac, on the other hand, won’t always want to be rocked, nursed and cuddled.
1 comment:
I like this... where is the like button. I wish he would keep b/c I like him this small. But i'm also excited to see who he becomes!
Post a Comment