March 1, 2007

Paintings


Reliance, 2005
24x36 in.
acrylic and oil on canvas

The content of this piece is from a tug-of-war accident a few years ago, in which, many people involved broke fingers. I attempted to capture my experience of walking up to 100+ college students praying for the people that were injured. As the years have passed since painting this image, this piece now communicates to me the process of relying on the Lord during all seasons of life.





Surrender, 2006
oil on canvas

The daily struggle to kneel at the foot of the Cross and give my life to my Savior.






Who am I? How do I know?, 2006
24x36 in. each
top: chalk pastel, colored pencil
bottom: oil on wood

This past fall I seemed to be drawn to figure drawing rather than painting. I began to question which I should pursue and how I would know. Do I decide for myself and "write my own script" or do I call on a Holy, soverign God who created me with a purpose? I worked out these questions in this diptych.





To Die, 2006
24x36 in.
oil on wood

The Christian view of death.

1 comment:

Lee Rainboth said...

Hey Tiffany!
I'm so glad you have this art blog! I like the pastel drawing at the top of this entry, I'd never seen it before. The shadow in the back is really nice! And I like the interaction between it and the oil painting. It gives that painting a lot more significance. How'd your paintings from this past semester turn out? Have a great summer!