"There will be no passion to draw others into our worship where there is no passion for worship." - John Piper
My goal in any creative process is to direct the viewer to Biblical truths about life found in the authority of the Holy Bible. By doing this, two things happen: 1. Deeper contemplation of the attributes of God, both in the making of the image (by me) and in the seeing of the image (by the viewer). 2. For me, worship occurs through the act of creating. My hope is that worship would also occur for the viewer in discovering or seeing the attributes of God displayed in my work.
In this series, I pursue the above by opening my life to the viewer. The images try to capture different aspects of my relationship with Jesus Christ as I experience Him in my everyday life. Both contemplation and worship has already occurred on my end of the process. I now invite the viewer into my personal relationship with Jesus in hopes that he/she might gain a better understanding of the Holy Creator.
March 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment