I'll try to catch you all up on the happenings in NC. Here goes.
Brad has begun to study for another part of the CPA exam and is still waiting on the results of the first two that he took in August. He hasn't been too busy at work the last two weeks so he's been able to do some studying in the office, but as he gets more and more busy he will have less and less time to study. I couldn't imaging studying for such a big exam. I've never seen anyone study so much in my life.
I am almost done training to be a tutor with the Literacy Council of Wake County! There is 1 three hour session left. After I'm certified, I will be matched with a student who is waiting to be tutored. I'm so excited to get started and a little nervous of course. Did you know that about 17% of the adults in Wake County read/write @ or below an 8th grade level. There are many reasons as to why, but the main goal of the Literacy Council is to equip their students to be able to function better in their everyday lives and in society.
In more volunteer news, I just received a call from LifeCare Pregnancy Center. The application process has seemed to be a bit more involved, requiring several forms and references. (Thank you to all who graciously agreed to be a reference) All of my paper work is finally processed and I scheduled a meeting to discuss the different opportunities that are available at LifeCare. After that there is still several hours of training before I can start working. But, I'm really excited and thankful to have the opportunity.
It looks as though these will be the only two organizations that I will be investing my time in for now. I'm praying about taking some classes next semester at Southeaster Baptist Theological Seminary and because we are living on a tight budget, I would get a part-time job to cover the cost of the classes.
Brad and I found a Church and are getting involved in men's and women's Bible studies. They are wonderful. We finally feel connected to the Body of Christ again!
There isn't much else to report except that it's football season here in the Wolfpack state.....well at least it's the Wolfpack state to us. So far, we've been to every home game....even in the 90 degree heat of the noon sun. Oh that reminds me, it's HOT here. I guess it's like 20 degrees warmer that it usually is for this time of year. It's been in the 90's! I miss the nice fall breeze.
That's all for now,
Peace and Grace
B&T
September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment