But, then I did a little research on all teens of this age group. 31% of teens become pregnant AT LEAST once by the time they are 21 years old. That's about 750,000 young mothers a year. Why is this not being published in the mass media? Shouldn't this be just as shocking? I would like to ask those who are outraged over the girls from the sect in Texas if they are equally outraged over the young women who find themselves in the same situation with no one stepping in to help them. Sure the girls in Texas don't know any better and maybe all other teens who aren't "brainwashed" knew better. But, don't we all need someone to rescue us when we are in the pit even if we don't deserve it?
April 29, 2008
Just a thought...
So, every afternoon at work I spend a few minutes browsing on some news websites. Today, I read an article about the teenagers that were taken from the polygamist sect in Texas. The article explained how about 31 of the 53 of the girls ranging from age 13-17 had either been pregnant or are currently pregnant. My initial reaction to this was shock. And sadness. I'm guessing the reason this information was published was to accomplish something of the same reaction in the general public.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment