May 28, 2008

It's official!

Brad and I are officially moved in to our new home!  We moved a few weeks ago, but are finally feeling settled in.  The past two weeks have been busy and chaotic.  We moved from Raleigh to New Bern and then spent half of the week in Raleigh saying good bye to friends, and taking the CPA exam.  Then, when we returned we headed to the beach for memorial day.  Yesterday was a big day.  Brad began working for a new CPA firm and our new furniture was delivered.  

Brad will be working with a much smaller firm working on taxes instead of auditing.  He's excited to be able to build more of a relationship with his clients. Here is the website.  As of now, I have decided to start my own business.  I will be working on the vision, mission and business plan over the next few weeks.  New Bern is a growing city in the arts and a great place for local artists.  There are so many galleries downtown and great opportunities for me to get my work out there.  Brad's parents even have some contacts for me to help me get started.  It's kind of scary, but I'm also very excited about it.

Here are some pictures of our house and what it looks like with furniture!









There isn't any paint on the walls yet, but there will be soon.  For now, we are just so happy to have a home!


No comments: