October 19, 2009

15 weeks

I feel like I'm "showing" more than I look... I'm still feeling good. I have some energy back, but I get tired easily. No more nausea or queasiness. If I wait too long in between eating though, I do get a little light headed and woozy. My next appointment is on Wednesday. Still no ultrasound yet. My first ultrasound at the doctor's office will be at my November appointment! We will also find out if the baby is a girl or boy! I can't wait!

I have been so blessed to be able to get regular ultrasounds at the pregnancy center! So far, I have had three. One at 6 1/2 weeks, one at 12 weeks and the third was this morning. It's so fun to see the baby move and see how much he/she has grown! I just lay there in awe and watch the screen in silence. I am looking forward to the ultrasound at the doctor's though, because they will be able to tell me if everything is forming as it should.

This is a scan from today's ultrasound. It's a pretty good profile shot of the head. There is a very defined jaw with the mouth slightly open and the nose and eye cavity. You can also see an ear. The baby was touching it's face. You can see the bones in the arm, wrist and hand. The peanut-shaped balloon thing in front of the baby's body is the placenta. This picture kinda of looks like the baby's head is coming out of the placenta, but the body is just behind it.

No comments: