Nursing cover:
I modified this by using an apron from our hair clippers as a pattern and added pockets. I also used two contrasting fabrics for a reversible cover. A cover like this could sell for up to $50. This one cost about $15.

3-in1 shopping cart cover:
This is by far the most involved pattern I've used so far. This was also the third one I had made, so I was much more familiar with the construction. This is also reversible and folds into a nice little bag for easy towing.
Duvet cover:
I made a lot of modifications to this tutorial. One side is a flat sheet, the top is fabric that is pieced together. I also added the blue ribbon for a hotel style duvet. Instead of a zipper or buttons, I created a fold on the top end of the cover. The white sheet was longer than the tan fabric so I just folded it back on itself when I sewed the right sides together, leaving a "pocket" for the duvet to slip into when turned right side out.
I made a lot of modifications to this tutorial. One side is a flat sheet, the top is fabric that is pieced together. I also added the blue ribbon for a hotel style duvet. Instead of a zipper or buttons, I created a fold on the top end of the cover. The white sheet was longer than the tan fabric so I just folded it back on itself when I sewed the right sides together, leaving a "pocket" for the duvet to slip into when turned right side out.

Next on my sewing list:
a tote bag that unzips to a blanket
re-upholster an outdoor swing - not sure if I'll get this one done...it's too cold outside!
cloth books

No comments:
Post a Comment