March 4, 2010

34 Weeks!

 

I have not been very good about getting good photos.  I originally intended to get one every month, but I don't think I've taken one since 28 weeks.  Don't be fooled.  I have gained weight in many places other than my belly.  Just look at how huge my arms are.  It'll be interesting to see how quickly the extra weight comes off, if at all.  I fear that I may still be wearing my maternity jeans next fall...sigh.

Anyway.

It's so easy to just want to be done.  

But, I also want to view the remaining time as a way to persevere.  To finish pregnancy well.  If that makes sense. 

 "because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."  James 1:3-5

 I don't want to take this verse out of context, but it is applicable.  There is a reason that human infants have an average of 41 weeks and 1 day gestation period.  Baby's must mature and be completed in the womb before they can come into the world.  I've actually read that the human gestation period can also be thought of as lasting 18 months.  9 in the womb and 9 outside the womb.  Think about it.  Humans baby's are one of the slowest to develop during life outside the womb.  Many animal infants are walking within a few days of birth.  I don't want Zac to lack anything he needs.  So, he can take all the time that that may take him.  In the mean time, I must focus on nutrition and exercise so that I can do what is in my power to finish this season well.

Pray for me.  This is difficult!


 

No comments: