September 9, 2010

Because I'm a follower...

Some of the blogs I read regularly have been posting about their daily routines.  I enjoyed reading them, so I thought you might as well.  All times are approximate and shift from day to day but are usually within an hour.

7-8 am  Zac wakes up for the day.  I obviously wake up as well and nurse him. 

            We usually spend some time cuddling and talking.  He's very chatty in the morning.  I guess he
            likes to share about all the dreams he has.  Then, I get up to shower and get ready while Zac
            plays in his bouncy seat.  After that, we head downstairs.  I change his diaper, and get him
            dressed, which is usually just a onesie if we're going to be at the house all day.  Then, Zac will
            play in his highchair while I have breakfast, wash dishes, clean up the kitchen and maybe do
            some dinner prep like set meat out to thaw, throw stuff in the crock pot, etc.

9-10 am  Depending on what time he woke up, Zac is usually more than ready for a nap about 2 hours
               after he wakes up.  So, he'll nurse and then sleep in his crib for anywhere between 45 min. to
               an hour.

I love watching him sleep.
              During this time, I usually make a cup of chamomile tea and have some time with God.  We
              are currently studying "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ" in BFG, so I've been going through
              the study guide for that.

10-11 am  Zac wakes up.  If we have any errands to run or things to do that day, this is when we will
                 do it.  Sometimes we play with Cousin Rachel and Luke, or go to a La Leche League
                 meeting.  I'm also considering going to MOPS at our Church.  If we have nowhere to go, we
                 will play in the living room.  Zac usually eats again somewhere in there.

12-1 pm  Again, depending on when his first nap was, he's ready for another about two hours later.
               He's such a predictable little man (for the most part).  This is a longer nap.  Sometimes even
               as long as three hours.  But, usually a solid two hours.  I use this time to do housework, eat
               lunch, and do crafty things.  Here's where I get really geeky and tell you what day I do
               certain chores.  I find that it really helps me get them done faster and more efficiently.
               Monday - laundry (this does not include washing diapers, which is every two to three days)
                                pick up around the house
               Tuesday - clean bathrooms and bedrooms
               Wednesday - clean kitchen and laundry room
               Thursday - dust, sweep and mop the rest of the house
               Friday - plan meals and make grocery list for the next week

2-4 pm  Zac wakes up and we spend the late afternoon playing.  Sometimes I'll put him in his
             highchair while I get dinner ready.  If Zac wakes up at 2, he will almost always take another
             nap between 4 and 5 and is sometimes sleeping when Brad gets home.

5:15-5:30 pm  Brad comes home, changes and plays with Zac while I finish dinner.

After we eat, we will watch a little tv, and read aloud together.  This is the most challenging time of day because it's Zacs' most fussy time.  From about 7-9pm Zac isn't really happy doing much besides being held and walked around.  He does take a cat nap in there, which is a nice break during his fussy time. 

9 pm  Bedtime.  Zac seems to want to go to sleep around 8, but every time we try to move his bedtime
          up, he won't end up settling until 9, which, makes for a long bedtime routine.

And then there are the days where we just seem to be out of sync, Zac doesn't sleep longer than 20 minutes at a time and then wakes up crying and all this goes out the window.  And, I realize that I mentioned some of the times he eats but not all of them.  The times he wants to eat are much more predictable in the mornings and vary more in the afternoon.  So, I just didn't put them in.

Whew, what a day!  I'm exhausted, aren't you? 

No comments: