We have been doing a TON of stuff around the house this summer. We've lived here for two years now! The longest we've lived in any one place since we've been married. I was just going to show some before and afters of what we've done this summer, but after looking at all my pics, I just HAVE to make this a series of posts. I think you'll get a kick out of all the changes we've made in two short years.
Let me preface by saying that it is not my goal to have the perfectly decorated and put-together house. Don't get me wrong, I have to fight that desire ALL THE TIME.
What I'm after is so much more. I want our house to be a home. A home in which we can retreat to when the outside world is too much. A comfy place that Brad can come home to after a twelve hour work day and feel all the stress melt off at the door. The reason I work so hard to keep my home in order is because I believe it is the central place in which our kids will grow to experience and know Jesus Christ. I want for strangers to feel instantly welcomed when they come through the door. Not only is our home a refuge, but it's also a place where we can practice hospitality. So, the choices I make mostly stem from that. And I realize that only a fraction of those things come from what the house actually looks like. But, having graduated with an art degree, I know the value of good design. The organization and flow of a well designed interior can make a world of a difference in how you feel in a space. Even if it means moving a fake plant from one spot to another and then to another. So, without further a-do......THE EVOLUTION OF A LIVING ROOM
 |
| Photo taken the day we first looked at the house. |
 |
| Photo taken the day we first looked at the house. | | | | | | | | |
 |
| With new furniture. |
 |
| Already re-arranged new furniture. Covered the throw pillows and got a new coffee table/ottoman. |
 |
| Added more throw pillows, a palm plant. Must have been Christmas time. |
 |
| Changed the curtains. |
 |
| Carpet squares rug. New throw pillows and made new back pillows for couches. Changed shelf decor, and curtain placement. |
 |
| Painted bookshelves. |
 |
| New couches, rugs. Added to window treatment. Re-finished floors. |
 |
| Painted stairs, new trim. |
 |
| No longer have reading nook. This will be Zac's play area and will probably continue to change as his toys change. |
I couldn't believe how dramatic the changes are. It's so much more bright in there now. I still have some things I'd like to do in here like paint the walls, fix up the fireplace, replace the ceiling fan, and add family photos to the stair wall. But, I love that we have so much seating for larger crowds, but it still feels cozy just the three of us.
Stay tuned for:
Our bathrooms
The sunroom
Dining room
No comments:
Post a Comment