February 2, 2011

Jewelry Organization

Accessorizing is not my forte.  Especially when it comes to jewelry.  I agonize over jewelry purchases because I never know if it will go with anything.  So, when it comes to jewelry, I don't have a ton.  But the few pieces I do have must be organized and easy to see.  If it's not, I'll never wear it.  Jewelry organizers can be pricey.  With a few items that I had around the house, I made this one for FREE!

That's right, I said FREE!

Materials:
   Old window frame.  Glass optional.
   Hanging wire
   Eye screws/hooks
   Brads or nails
   Pliers



Place eye screws in desired locations.  Here I put several across the top for necklaces.





I also put some on the sides with hanging wire for earrings.

I used the brads on the bottom for rings.  I also glued a spare tin lid on for small charms and extra earring backs.





 The finished product.






I realize not everyone may have an old widow frame laying around.  Picture frames with the glass and backing removed could also be used.  

And if you have a lot of jewelry, you could even make a whole wall of jewelry storage.  Just imagine this with a bunch of lovely necklaces, bracelets and rings.  Oh, my!

Photo from Young House Love


Sharing at:





No comments: