February 15, 2010

More details

 
I made this crib skirt with extra fabric from the curtains.  Very easy project.  I just measured the lengths of the sides and how long the skirt needed to hang down, added hem length and cut the strips of fabric.  Then attached the strips to a rectangle piece that fit snugly on top of the springs.


This is called a "nap-time tote"  It unzips to make a blanket.  I don't think I can post the directions due to copyright, but I got the instructions from Sewing 101: a beginners guide to sewing.  It's perfect for short trips and will hold quite a bit of toys or other items.





I made this cute little basket in less than an hour this afternoon.  It will be perfect to keep some granola bars and other snacks next to my rocking chair.  Here's the tutorial.  I'm trying to think of other uses or gifts that I can make this basket for.  It is adorable, very simple to do, and requires minimal fabric.



And that commences my sewing projects for a WHILE!

2 comments:

Melissa Giglio said...

I can't WAIT to sew this summer! haha. I saw this summer because I just don't think I'll be able to dive into it until then. I'm glad that I can come to you if I have questions though...I'm so impressed Tiffany! You did awesome!

Schmidt Family said...

Wow your projects put mine to shame! I've sewed burp clothes, receiving blankets, tag blankets, cloth ring toys, a car seat cover, and a nursing clip.... but all very basic.

Very cute nursery!

Shelby