Pregnancy has really given me patience in the kitchen. In the last few months, I've tried things I never thought I would. Last nights dinner doesn't exactly qualify as such, but it is an example of how I had a craving and then made it myself instead of heading to chick-fil-a. So, I thought I'd share. In the end, it doesn't really compare to chick-fil-a. Can anything really? But, it did satisfy the craving.
Just look at those beautiful colors! This is a great example of a healthful, well balanced meal. I only wish every meal looked similar. (Sweet potatoes would be even better than the red potatoes.)
Chicken Nuggets
Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces (mine were a tad too thick and were eaten with a fork).
In a small bowl combine: Bread crumbs (I used a mix of flour, wheat germ, and flax seed meal), equal amounts of thyme, basil and paprika, parmesan cheese (about half the amount compared to the crumbs), a pinch of salt.
In another bowl, beat 1-2 eggs depending on how many nuggets you're making.
Dredge nuggets in egg then bread mixture. For an extra thick breading, repeat.
Bake in oven @ 400 for 20 minutes.
Potato Fries
Cut potatoes into thin strips.
Spread out onto baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Bake in oven @ 400 for 45 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment