September 21, 2010

Making a house a home (part 2)

The room that does it all.

The Sunroom.  AKA Carolina Room.

As it was the day we looked at the house.  Three walls of windows, one wall of doors.  Very challenging space come to think of it.


  

Oh how many purposes you have.  Let me count the ways:
1. Sitting room
2. Office
3. Sewing
4. Painting
5. General crafting
6. Entertaining


Original division of studio and sitting area.

Begin integration of two spaces with the work space behind the couch.
Change of furniture.  Addition of rug.



New trim, layout loveseat.



Brought in an old desk for computer.  Moved work table to corner.







Lovely bolts of fabric.



The inside of the work table.  So much more organized.


Originally, I had multiple crafting areas throughout the house.  The sunroom has always been the main studio, however, I had a little sewing closet in the guest bedroom.  I decided that it was time for all of the crafts to get equal space, so I moved all of my sewing stuff into the studio.  It is now a place that I love to be in when I have spare time!  All it needs now is some color on the walls!

No comments: