for anyone who has a roof over their head.
Some thoughts on missional homemaking from this wonderful woman. I am a huge fan of her blog and wholeheartedly agree with her biblical vision of homemaking. Listen here for a session that she led on "Missional Homemaking". This is not just for the "say-at-homers". As I said, it's for anyone with a roof over their head.
Today, I find her 12 practical points especially convicting.
1. Prayerfully dedicate our homes for God’s purposes and use.
2. Set up a budget to be purposeful with our resources.
3. Cultivate a warm, refreshing home for our family - making homecomings a celebration!
4. Pray for eyes to see the needs around us.
5. Give no excuses.
6. Intentionally schedule in opportunities for hospitality.
7. Flexible and prepared to demonstrate hospitality.
8. Include our children in missional living.
9. Purposeful in our purchases.
10. Actively look for opportunities to share our goods with others.
11. Are willing to step outside our comfort zone.
12. Willing to face rejection
And, at the same time, I am excited to align our life and home to a more biblical vision of what our home should be.
The Home is a place:
of rest and refreshment
to minister to fellow believers
to welcome strangers
that reflects our eternal home

No comments:
Post a Comment